ABC’s New Year Readiness Checklist
What does New Year readiness look like?
It’s 5AM Monday, January 3, 2022. The gym is clean, the new group fitness schedule is posted, and the front desk has extra coverage during peak hours. On top of that your New Year promotion is ready to go, each of your best trainers has allocated time to be on the floor, and the January spiff created just the right amount of friendly competition on the sales team. ‘Tis our season.
January is always the best month for fitness, and if recent activity and sentiment are good indicators January 2022 is expected to be one of the best. Your team is prepared and ready to go – there is no doubt they will make a great first impression on new and returning members. Are you equally as confident in your technology?
How we prepare at ABC
At ABC Fitness Solutions your success is our #1 priority. We devote a tremendous amount of time and energy, year-round, to ensure your members and teams are supported. January, however, is not an ordinary month. It is the biggest month of the year, and we prepare our systems and teams for the rush in many of the same ways you do. Here’s what’s going on behind the scenes at ABC to ensure a successful January for all ABC customers and their members.
- Command Center: ABC’s fully operational command center is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Here our teams keep a watchful eye on all systems, both owned and partner technologies, to ensure everything is up and running as expected.
- Platform Optimization: Platform optimization is critical to the availability, scalability and security of our technology products. Each year we evaluate and optimize our internal processes, client facing applications, IT infrastructure, and data capabilities. We made the biggest leap in this area from 2020 to 2021 in preparation for the launch of ABC IGNITE. Our platform has never been stronger.
- Proactive Monitoring and Alerts: ABC technology teams are constantly and proactively monitoring all system components. The KPI’s we look at include but are not limited to: up/down time, response time, processing speed and time, memory utilization, bandwidth utilization, etc. The goal is not simply to catch or mitigate big problems; it is to address all problems, big or small, before you or one of your members see them.
- Client & Member Support: On any given day ABC expert agents manage 4,600+ member and support touchpoints. With 40+ years of experience there is no one in the industry who is more prepared or better at forecasting and staffing up for the January rush than our client and member support teams. We completed the plan in early Q3 and spend the last 2 months of each year onboarding and training our technical and call center teams.
- Data Security: ABC takes cybersecurity very seriously. We employ modern, state-of-the-art security tools to automate visibility and enforce access policies for both on-premises and cloud deployments. Additional measures are in place to secure Personally Identifiable Information, payment card information, intellectual property, and other confidential information. Repeatable, standardized processes, proactive monitoring, and early detection help us manage risk and address vulnerabilities before they become problems.
The outcome speaks for itself. Our latest peak season readiness testing shows that our systems can handle 5X more volume than previously recorded surges for new joins.
In addition to all the above, and perhaps most importantly, we implement a “code freeze” the last 2 weeks of the year. A code freeze is a software development term that means code cannot be edited or modified for the duration of the period. Freezing code is a common tactic used during high volume periods to mitigate risk and ensure the technology performs as expected.
Make sure your fitness technology provider is just as ready as you are for the new year rush. To learn more about ABC, our technology and we support your growth contact us today.